Chicken pakoda is an amazing chicken appetizer recipe made using boneless chicken. This is the most loved chicken snack recipe across India. These deliciously crunchy chicken bites will take only a few to prepare. It is a very simple recipe where the chicken is mixed with some spices and flour and deep-fried in oil.null
Do you miss this street style chicken pakora during this pandemic situation? Then try this recipe at home. It is very very easy to make, yet very yummy too. There are different ways of making this fried chicken bites. Here I have shared the very simple way to make this street style chicken pakoda recipe. I never added the egg to make these but the street vendors do add it to the marinade. If you wish you can add the egg to the marinade.
nullChicken Pakoda is a great starter dish for a party or just a tea time snack to savor in the evening. These chicken bites are very hit among the kids and teens. Monsoon started and it is a perfect recipe for this weather. Do try this recipe this weekend and enjoy it with your family. Stay home Stay safe.nullIngredients
- 250 gms Chicken, small pieces, Boneless
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Bengal gram flour
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- salt as required
- few Curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Water
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large wide bowl, place the chicken pieces. Then add all the ingredients one by one.
- If you feel the batter is too tight or thick, add one more tbsp of water and mix well the ingredients. Add ginger-garlic paste, chilly powder, turmeric powder.
- Next add the flours- Bengal gram flour, rice flour, cornflour, curry leaves, lemon juice.
- Then finally add the water and mix well the ingredients so that the batter coats well with the chicken pieces.
- If the batter is too thick or tight add one more tbsp of water and mix well. Marinate for at least one hour.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a heavy-bottomed wok or kadai. When hot enough, drop in the chicken pieces one by one. Fry for 2 -3 mins in medium flame.
- Turn over the chicken pieces and fry again for 2 -3 mins in medium flame.
- Once cooked transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl or a plate. Fry the remaining chicken pieces in batches and serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
💥 Step by step pic how to make chicken pakoda at home
In a large wide bowl, place the chicken pieces. Then add all the ingredients one by one. Add ginger-garlic paste, chilly powder, turmeric powder.